* AFFECTED AREA: The southern mountains of Utah.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: Storm totals of 2 to
4 Feet are expected by Sunday morning. The greatest amounts will be along the southern slopes.
* TIMING: Rain and snow showers will continue this afternoon and into this evening with snow levels near 9000 feet. The precipitation will become steady and heavier tonight with snow levels falling to below 6,0000 feet. Snow will continue - heavy at times Friday and Saturday evening then taper off.
* WINDS: Very strong Southwest winds will continue through this evening then slowly diminish. Speeds of 30 - 40 MPH will be common with gusts over 60 MPH possible. Winds will be even stronger over the high ridge lines.
* IMPACTS: Winter driving conditions will develop on all routes throughout the southern mountains by tonight and continue through Friday and Sturday night. The falling combination of heavy falling and blowing snow could make some routes impassible for a time tonight.
A winter storm warning means a mixture of heavy snow and strong winds is expected or occuring. Driving conditions may be hazardous.
USE CAUTION! Be prepared for sudden restrictions due to blowing snow. Keep a winter storm survival kit in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
For additional information go to National Weather Service