In order to avoid conflict with concessioner-led horseback rides, for the safety of other visitors and stock, and to protect natural resources, all horseback riding must be coordinated with Canyon Trail Rides, Inc., the authorized concessioner, prior to entering the park. Canyon Trail Rides will provide a guide to accompany any privately-owned stock riding group. Private stock rides can be scheduled daily at 7:30am and 12:30pm. Riders must make arrangements for the guide a minimum of 48 hours in advance of coming to the park. A fee will be charged for this service and will be based on the number of riders. For current guide fee rates or to book a guide, please contact:
Canyon Trail Rides
Mr. Paul O. Mangum
P.O. Box 128
Tropic, Utah 84776
As a reminder, the following rules are in effect to assist riders in enjoying their park experience:
1. Private stock horseback riding is authorized only with a guide employed by the concessioner, Canyon Trail Rides, Inc.
2. Parking, loading, and unloading must take place in the mixing circle area.
3. Stock must never be left unattended.
4. Backcountry trails and campsites are not developed to accommodate stock, therefore, backcountry overnight camping or pack trips on horseback are not available.
5. Horseback riding is limited to designated horse trails only.
6. Horses must stay on designated trails at all times; shortcutting of trails is not permitted; and riding parallel to the trail is not permitted.
7. The park requires the use of certified weed-free feed. Stock must be fed certified weed-free feed a minimum of 48 hours prior to stock coming into the park.
8. All stock must have current Coggins Certification. Rangers will check this certification prior to stock being allowed in the park.
Liveries are not available in the immediate area however; you may be able to make livery service arrangements by visiting www.brycecanyoncountry.com. Camping with your stock is available on National Forest Service land. Contact the Dixie National Forest at 435-676-9300 for further information.