Troy Benson recorded the most games for the Thunderbirds, capturing six over the course of singles and doubles competition. The sophomore fell 6-0, 6-2 at No. 1 singles and paired with freshman Blair Robbins at No. 1 doubles, falling 8-4. Benson's match was also the final contest to wrap up during the day.
Southern Utah will next play at Portland State on Monday night.
Tennis Match Results
Southern Utah vs Sacramento State
Mar 09, 2014 at Sacramento, Calif.
(Rio Del Oro Racquet Club)
Sacramento State 7, Southern Utah 0
1. BRANDYS, Roy (SAC) def. BENSON, Troy (SUU-M) 6-0, 6-2
2. RAM, Niranjan (SAC) def. ROBBINS, Blair (SUU-M) 6-0, 6-0
3. MILLER, Tom (SAC) def. DIAL, Alex (SUU-M) 6-0, 6-1
4. MARQUEZ, Joaquin (SAC) def. STORY, Ammon (SUU-M) 6-0, 6-0
5. ANDERSEN, Oliver (SAC) def. OLCOTT, Branden (SUU-M) 6-0, 6-0
6. ABDULWAHAB, Ayman (SAC) def. JOHN, Mitchell (SUU-M) 6-1, 6-1
1. ANDERSEN, Oliver/RAM, Niranjan (SAC) def. BENSON, Troy/ROBBINS, Blair (SUU-M) 8-4
2. BRANDYS, Roy/ABDULWAHAB, Ayman (SAC) def. DIAL, Alex/OLCOTT, Branden (SUU-M) 8-1
3. MILLER, Tom/MARQUEZ, Joaquin (SAC) def. JOHN, Mitchell/STORY, Ammon (SUU-M) 8-2
Southern Utah 0-1, 0-1
Sacramento State 4-9, 2-2
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (5,4,3,2,6,1)