Utah State Parks rangers remind you to following these safety tips when heading into the backcountry:
- Always check weather and avalanche conditions before you depart
- Carry and know how to use an avalanche beacon, shovel and probe.
- Never ride alone
- Avoid steep slopes
- Let someone know where you’re going and when you’ll return
- Know the terrain you are going to ride
- Carry a first aid kit and emergency supplies
For additional safety tips and avalanche information, please visit ohv.utah.gov.