Mayor McArthur is seeking re-election and has many years of experience as numerous changes and growth in the city have occurred under his stewardship. Council member Pike has served on the city council, sits on several boards in the community and is running for mayor to provide a change in leadership.
To learn more visit: www.washco.utah.gov/clerk/electioninfo for other city mayor candidates and city council member candidates, mayordanmcarthur.com or ilikepike.org
The questions are:
1. What role does a mayor play in city government? What role do you serve the community as a mayor and Washington County Water Conservancy District (WCWCD) board member in water issues of conservancy?
2. Describe your qualifications/experience you bring to the mayoral office you seek.
3. What changes in zoning will you propose in the coming year?
4. What economic programs are you proposing for St. George City for the next four years?
5. How will your leadership support Vision Dixie in the areas of: air quality, public transportation and preserving open spaces?