“I always look forward to my time in eastern Utah,” said the Governor. “It’s important that I get out of the capital city and reconnect with our rural communities. These are good people who work hard and are a vital part of Utah’s overall economic success. I want them to know the Governor cares about the entire State of Utah.”
While in Richfield and in Wayne County, the Governor will meet with residents, students, local leaders and officials at the following locations:
Tuesday September 17, 2013
• 10:00 AM, Snow College South Campus– Meet with the Governor’s Rural Partnership Board and Tourism board members, local officials and invited guests.
• 12:15 PM, Red Hills Middle School – Constitution Day and Gettysburg Address commemoration kickoff. The Governor will challenge students to memorize the Gettysburg Address and lead assembly in reciting the speech.
• 1:45 PM, Utah State Parks, Piute Trail – Tour the Piute Trail with the Utah Division of State Parks Director, Fred Hayes, to discuss forest health and other state park related issues.
• 5:30 PM, Marysvale Community Center – The Governor will attend an event hosted by Piute County and Six County Association of Governments (AOG).
Wednesday September 18, 2013
• 8:15 AM, SunGlow Cafe – Breakfast at the SunGlow Café, home of the famous Pickle Pie, and meet with local elected officials and residents.
• 9:15 AM, Wayne County High School – Classroom tour, meet with faculty and students and attend an assembly with a Q & A session.
• 10:30 AM, Business Visits – Signature Log Home, Flute Shop Trading Post, Broken Spur Restaurant.
• 1:30 AM, Capitol Reed Park – Visit Capitol Reef Park with Superintendent Leah McGinnis.