(St. George, UT) - The feature attraction of Thunder Over Utah are the US Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team, known for their precision formation flying, have brought their adrenaline-rushing performance to Southern Utah!
The mission of the Blue Angels is to enhance Navy recruiting, and credibly represent Navy and Marine Corps aviation to the United States and its Armed Forces to America and other countries as international ambassadors of good will.
The St. George Police Department has asked the public's cooperation in obeying the following rules regarding traffic and parking at the Thunder Over Utah airshow this weekend: Traffic & parking map
1. There will be no parking allowed on the Southern Parkway or Airport Parkway the days of the airshow Saturday and Sunday, March 17 and March 18, 2012. The area will be posted with no parking signs. Anyone parking in these areas will have their vehicles impounded.
2. There will be no parking allowed at the airport terminal unless you have a boarding pass.
3. If you are flying out of the St. George Airport on either day of the air show please plan ahead and expect delays.
4. Only people with VIP passes will be allowed to enter the airport from the West Side of the airport (Little Valley Rd side). Access from this side will only be allowed until 11:45 hrs.
5. Spectators will not be allowed on the West side of the airport at all!!! This area is restricted as the flight demonstration team safe area of operations. If unauthorized people are found in this area all airshow operations will be stopped. There is zero tolerance on this safety rule.
6. All airport rules are in effect on the day of the airshow. There will be no weapons or knives allowed on airport property. No coolers or other large containers will be allowed.
7. Please bring your own seating, as there is very limited seating available.
For further information, go to www.thunderoverutah.com.